Friday, February 13, 2009

Survived a Rough Week... Not Sure I Can Handle Another One...

My week started off pretty badly and it only got worse as it went on. I was completely sick Monday and Tuesday with diarrhea and stomach issues. My aunt cooked chicke broth with noodles and yellow potatoes but that wouldn't sit well and it'd make me go to the bathroom along with an upset stomach. I drank lots of Gatorade to avoid getting dehydrated but I just couldn't eat anything that wouldn't make me go to the bathroom in heaps of pain a few minutes afterwards. I never got nauseous again, which was good. I'd rather have diarrhea than be nauseous. By Wednesday I had more energy and I decided to go to work, only to be given some good and bad news which I will be more than happy to share with anyone personally.

My mom called me today to let me know she, Dad and my newphew are coming into town tomorrow morning. And my uncle isn't getting married till NEXT Saturday, which means I'll have to put up with my ever-nagging folks for a week. Hopefully I'll be busy with work, Portuguese lessons and "other activities" during the week. Mom and Dad just happen to be very worrisome and sort of manipulative. I hate it when they tell me what I should do and how I shoould do it, I hate it when they tell me I'm too skinny, I hate it when they ask my why I don't shave, I hate it when they tell me to not walki around barefoot..... UGH! I'm never gonna be a parent. I don't want to have to worry about someone else's life, especially my own kids'. Am I a selfish, self-centered jerk? Maybe I am. Am I a bad and ungratedul son? Maybe I am. I just endured a horrible week and I sure don't want to have to endure another one that involves my parents!!!!!

Advise of the day: Don't ever get diarrhea like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!