Sunday, February 15, 2009

Another rough week begins...

So my folks made it into town around eight in the morning, and I had gone to bed at 2 am. I had to get out of bed against my own will and welcome my folks and my newphew, who have never seen me with a grown beard before. After chatting and catching up on stuff, we had breakfast and then my family proceeded to unpack and stuff. And where were they unpacking? In my room!!!! I had a bad feeling I would have to share the bed, or worse sleep on the couch, but thanfully my parents decided they'd drag an extra mattress that sits on my bed into the living room and my nephew is sleeping on the couch so that I can have my rather small room to myself!!!

I wasn't really feeling like touring around town since I was so sleepy, so we just went to Plaza San Miguel and did some shopping. We then went to a few supermarkets and bought groceries and then we came back home. I collapsed into my bed instantly and napped. We were going to go to that water fountain park downtown but I got up somewhat late. We then had a light dinner and my whole family (uncle, aunt, cousin and wife) talked about visiting the ever-famous water fountain park together sometime this week. I just don't feel like playing tour guide this week.

My folks are usually pretty annoying and manipulative but it hasn't been too bad... yet. They're trying to tidy up my room and stuff and it seems like they'll be here for around a week and a half. It's sad for me to say I never look forward to spending time with my folks. Having grown up with them and all their over protection, I now feel free to be without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!