Monday, February 09, 2009

Being sick is NOT fun.

I haven't been to the ER since I was in 6th grade because I ate too much cocoa with sugar and my body didn't react too well. Well, this past Sunday I had to pay the Emergency Room a grim visit due to a case of the runs along with vomiting.

It all began before leaving for church on Sunday. I had a little bit of diarrhea but I didn't think it was a big deal, so when I came back home I fixed some fried bacon (now the bacon had been in a bag in the fridge for days) and eggs and some cold limonade, which most likely caused all this misery. I hadn't slept well the night before so I was feeling so tired after lunch I decided to take a nap, something I never do but I was so tired I decided to take one. I got up a while later with an upset stomach, a fever, chills and nausea. I went over to the bathroom and then decided to tell my cousin to give me a pill or something. By that time I was shaking all over and my blood pressure dropped to 110/30!!!!

And then I puked the fried bacon around 3 different times and my diarrhea was worse. The pills I took made me feel better for a short while but then things got worse and my cousin took me to the ER at midnight. The doctor said I was pretty dehydrated and so I got two bottles of saline solution through an IV. The windows were open and the breeze made me shiver a lot. The nurse would not close the window for some reason so my aunt got me a quilt and a couple of hours later I was sweating bullets. I felt better afterwards and I got discharged at around 4 am. I'm no longer nauseous, but I'm not regular yet. I didn't go to work today and I most likely won't be able to until the diarrhea is gone. I have drinking Gatorade and eating chicken broth and that still causes my stomach to be somewhat upset.

I'm so not telling my mom about this...

1 comment:

Comment!