Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A day at the zoo.





Today my family and I went to Parque de Las Leyendas, the zoo that's in my neighborhood. We had a great time out there even though it was a very hot day! We bought an overprized two liter bottle of Inka Kola since we knew we'd be walking a lot and thus we'd be thirsty. We got our tickets and went into the zoo, which is huge and very pretty. This zoo has been upgraged a lot in recent years and it's now worth a visit. This was not the case around 7 years ago when the zoo left a lot to be desired.

The zoo is divided into the 3 different regions we have in Peru: The coast, the Andes and the jungle. We started out by visiting the jungle and then the Andes and finally the coast, the latter made up of mostly animals that live in the ocean. It goes without saying the jungle is made up of all the tropical and exotic creatures such as monkeys, birds, serpents and the Andes was filled with llamas, alpacas and the like. There is also an aquarium and an international area for animals that are, der, international (zebras, hippos, etc). The highlight of our trip was when a guy stood too close to a llama and got spit by it!




1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, Junior! I've passed by there a few times on my way to the airport, but I've never been to the park.

    I should take my girls there, I know they'd love it.

    How much is the entrance fee?

    ReplyDelete

Comment!