Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Excuse me, I ordered lemonade.

It's simply funny how things are just different in other countries. Not only do I have to bag my groceries at the supermarket (poor little me) but I also have to drink juice out of a carton at a restaurant instead of real fruit juice. This came as a complete shock when I ordered cold lemonade at a pub several weeks ago.

Me: I'll have a glass of cold lemonade, please.
Bartender: Ok.

(A glass of sparkling water arrives)

Me: Excuse me, I ordered lemonade.
Bartender: That's what I got you.
Me: No, this looks like sparkling water.
Bartender: (Looking at me funny) It is lemonade. Taste it.

(Shock -- fake lemonade out of a bottle)

Me: (Still in shock) It is lemonade.

(Bartender giggles and walks away. Not funny, dude.)

Oh, the things you take for granted...

2 comments:

  1. ...and you don't say bartender, you say barman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! Thanks for these kinds of interesting article as I have been able to find here. I agree with most of whats written right here and Ill be returning to this site again.

    ReplyDelete

Comment!