Saturday, September 05, 2009

It feels like autum!

Greetings from sunny and chilly London! The weather is changing here. The air is chillier and we're getting fewer sunny days. It has also rained some recently -- not unusual in this city at all -- but it's supposed to be sunny this week.

There is a lot to write about but I don't know where to start. Things are going great here in the UK. I have been doing plenty of volunteer work in the morning and a lot of travelling around London in the evening. Working with people who have learning disabilities is very rewarding but it's a challenge at the same time. One of the service users (meaning one of the persons that the charity supports) got robbed as he was getting off the bus. We had to go to the police station to file a report and I'm glad I was there to help him out. My roomate had a seizure a few weeks ago and I needed to call the ambulance.

So basically I hang out with disabled people. We'll go to a pub or a restaurant or a museum and things like that. It's already been a month and time seems to be going by SO quickly! My roomate and I have a dog I have grown very fond of. His name is Snowy and we enjoy going out for a walk in the park.

Things are very different here in the UK but it feels great to be here right now. I miss my friends back in Lima, but I know the UK is the place to be for the time being. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!