Saturday, April 04, 2009

Your application has been refused.

Alas, I got my visa application for the UK denied. The last two weeks have been sheer torture since I went to the Embassy to drop pff my passport and other documents for processing. I got a UPS envelope this past Wednesday with my passport in it and a refusal letter. Needless to say, I was very disspointed and upset.

I was disspointed because, even though I knew my application could have been rejected, the odds were minimal. I had an invitation letter from the chartity in Edinburgh I was gonna be working with and a letter from my employer stating that I would get a 1-year leave of absence if I got the visa. I'm upset because the British consulate refused my application because, according to them, I didn't submit a certificate of sponsorship from a registered sponsor in the UK and because I didn't provide proof of maintenance. However, the invitation letter I got clearly stated that I was being offered a position as a volunteer to come to Scotland and that they were going to take care of me financially!!!!!!!!!!! So I guess the consulate didn't read the letter or perhaps they're illeterate, or maybe they just didn't care.

Anyways, the embassy will allow me to appeal their decision if I feel it's mistaken, so I am now trying to appeal. I'm really hoping things will go well this time. I really want to go to Scotland.

FYI: Citizens of countries that require a visa to the UK cannot get a visa in their own countries now. Passports and supporting documents have to be sent off to New York for processing. How ridiculous is that!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your disappointment but thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I suspect the clue to your refusal is in the wording "registered" sponsor. This implies that the organisation would need to register with the Foreign Office as a sponsor. Send me a copy of the refusal letter and your application and I will try and help

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really bad.. I can imagine that it is pretty hard to get into countries in Europe, when you come from a land like Peru - which really is kind off sad..
    Well, nothing to do than try again I guess? I hope you get to Scotland, it should be a really beautiful country!
    Saludos, Christian

    ReplyDelete

Comment!