Monday, June 15, 2009

I FINALLY GOT MY DIPLOMA!!!!!!

I haven't been very good about blogging these days since I have been quite busy with work and stuff and I didn't have internet access for about a month. Well, I am now happy to announce that I have my bachelor's diploma in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language).

I took an on-line correspondence course when I was living in Piura (northern Peru) with a university here in Lima. I did that for 2 years and then, around the end of the course, I moved to Lima. Once in Lima, I had to take a couple more classes and teach a class in front of one of the university professors. That pretty much concluded all of my classes and my credits were now complete. HOWEVER, the stinkin university told me I needed to do a lot of paperwork and that the whole process to get the diploma would take about eight months!!!!!! I started to get the documents they wanted me to get but it took a while since I had a 9-to-5 job and I was also busy taking Portuguese lessons. I had to go to the bank numerous times to make payments and then I had to go to the many different departments the university has all over town.

When the time came for me to finally be able to get my diploma, the university went on strike for 3 months. About 3 weeks ago, the strike had been lifted for a short period of time and I was finally able to get the darn diploma. It had taken so long I wasn't even excited when I got it. I'm NEVER going back to that school again.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finally receiving your diploma. Peruvian bureaucracy can always be counted on to turn a simple process into a nine-month migraine.:)

    ReplyDelete

Comment!